Thursday, September 17, 2015

In Search of Balance: A New Film Exploring Health, the Microbiome in Your Gut, and Soil - Connected?

At last week's Heirloom Expo I barely had a chance to get through the large indoor hall of exhibits. But in the 100 degree heat wave raging outside, the hall offered a haven - at least temporarily.

I did a quick scan of the exhibitors, many of whom I had stopped to explore in depth in previous years. One new booth caught my attention - a new film about health and balance. I only had time to grab the postcard.


This week I've been downloading my expo info, and looked up the film on its web site In Search of Balance. I was impressed to see the trailer and the film's brain trust. One of the participants is Daphne Miller, whose 2008 book The Jungle Effect: The Healthiest Diets From Around the World attracted my attention. 

(Full disclosure: In 2008 I talked to her about making a film based on her diet book, but things never quite jelled, which is not at all unusual, since it takes a lot of time and money to make a documentary happen.)

SCREENINGS AND DVDS

Home screenings and DVD sales are coming soon - check the web site for details.

FACEBOOK FOLLOW

You can also follow this film on FB - click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment